NMA Article: How To Protect Your Rights During A Traffic Stop
The Flex Your Rights Foundation has an interesting article on their website on how you can protect your civil rights when dealing with the police during a traffic stop.
Their six tips are:
- Keep Your Private Items Out of View
- Be Courteous & Non-Confrontational
- Just Say “No” to Warrantless Searches
- Determine if You Can Leave
- Do Not Answer Questions without Your Attorney Present
- Do Not Physically Resist
You can read the full article here.
Also, check out their video below called:
Busted: The Citizen’s Guide to Surviving Police Encounters.
How To Protect Your Rights During A Traffic Stop
© 2008 NMA