In the wake of the investigative articles I have prepared on the Veil Guy Blog
about the onset of automated traffic enforcement in the U.S.:
...I have since become a supporting member of and gotten some assistance from this important group who's sole mission is to protect the freedoms of drivers. National Motorists Association's Mission Statement:
The National Motorists Association (NMA) was founded in 1982 to represent and protect the interests of North American motorists.
We began by combating the 55-mph National Maximum Speed Limit and we continue to support efforts to retain motorists' freedoms and rights. We work for more reasonable speed limits and fight for better driver training, fair enforcement practices and important privacy protections. The NMA believes in freedom and responsibility to make choices, not in "one size fits all" legislation, ticket cameras, unfair driving taxes, revenue-motivated traffic courts and speed traps. The NMA supports traffic laws based on sound engineering principles and public consensus - not political agendas.
The NMA is a grassroots not-for-profit organization supported by membership dues and donations contributed by people just like you. We are motorists joining together to protect our common interests. Beyond influencing national policy, the NMA supports change from the ground up by providing resources to help individuals challenge unjust laws and tickets.
Please familiarize yourself with their leading issues.
If you share our vision for preserving automotive freedoms then please consider helping the NMA by joining our organization - and learn how the NMA can help you with our many member benefits. The NMA has established a Motorists Bill of Rights:
- The right to traffic regulation based on sound engineering principles and public consensus.
- Clear guarantees that revenue collected from highway users for highway purposes be used for such purposes, and that all streets, roads, and highways be properly maintained, signed and regulated in a manner that expedites travel.
- Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure and the guarantee that all traffic stops will be based on probable cause.
- The right to choose the type of vehicle and related equipment that best meets an individual's needs and preferences.
- Protection from discourteous and reckless drivers including those who deliberately impede traffic, who threaten other motorists with their actions, or who are impaired or incompetent.
- Freedom from unreasonable surcharges, fees, taxes, and fines.
- Complete access to all public streets, roads, and highways, free of arbitrary restrictions, exorbitant fees, or governmental attempts to dictate personal travel choices.
- Freedom from driver license suspensions or revocations for non-driving violations or matters of personal conduct.
- Protection from arbitrary and exploitative insurance industry practices.
- The right to a fair and impartial trial for traffic offenses, including a trial by jury if requested by the defendant.
If your are a driver interested in this grassroots political movement, please express your support in the protection of your driving rights but joining this fine organization. Their annual membership dues are very reasonable and will more than pay for themselves in the knowledge and support you will receive from this caring organization. There are currently running a special discounted introductory membership for a short amount of time. At $19, it's the smartest investment you can make. Please Join The NMA - They need your help to stop these injustices.
Please mention that you were referred
to their organization from Speed Trap Hunter (Speed Trap Hunter, LLC
Once you have joined, please spread the word
to your fellow driving friends so that may can do the same. Our driving rights can only be protected in numbers. Please stand-up and be counted!
FYI, the NMA is the organization responsible for the valuable
online resource: The Speed Trap Exchange