Speed Trap Hunter Forum: Best Radar Detectors, Laser Jammers, Laser Detectors, Speed Cameras Forum

Speed Trap Hunter Forum: Best Radar Detectors, Laser Jammers, Laser Detectors, Speed Cameras Forum (https://www.speedtraphunter.net/)
-   Escort (Passport) (https://www.speedtraphunter.net/escort-passport/)
-   -   9500IX thoughts (https://www.speedtraphunter.net/escort-passport/1385-9500ix-thoughts.html)

happya$$ 2009-05-07 19:55

9500IX thoughts
 
Well guys after logging in about 23,841 miles through 6 states with this RD I have to say it is an average performer. I much prefer the original 8500 S7 platform over the M4 9500IX RD. It is not a bad RD but not my style.:mecry: ;)

jaminc 2009-05-07 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by happya$$ (Post 3426)
Well guys after logging in about 23,841 miles through 6 states with this RD I have to say it is an average performer. I much prefer the original 8500 S7 platform over the M4 9500IX RD. It is not a bad RD but not my style.:mecry: ;)

What do you dislike about it? Just curious. I love mine and have owned the older 8500, so I am curious as to what your dislikes are. So far, I have been quite happy with mine.

happya$$ 2009-05-07 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaminc (Post 3427)
What do you dislike about it? Just curious. I love mine and have owned the older 8500, so I am curious as to what your dislikes are. So far, I have been quite happy with mine.

I do not like the ramp up, tunnel vision sensitivity, and the tone alerts. This is my THIRD time around trying a 9500 and will be my last

jaminc 2009-05-07 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by happya$$ (Post 3428)
I do not like the ramp up, tunnel vision sensitivity, and the tone alerts. This is my THIRD time around trying a 9500 and will be my last

Sorry to hear that. I guess that is why there are varying degrees of products for each individuals unique requirements. Another 8500 in your future, V1 or possible STI? Be interested to hear in what direction you choose to pursue.

Dark Shark 2009-05-08 00:31

:(It\'s disappointing when I hear blah reviews about the 9500. I guess because I spent so much money on the damn thing, I feel like it should be the end all be all. The few occurences that I considered to be were flaws were actually just a matter of perception and inexperience on my part. I\'ve barely had a chance to break mine in yet and I feel like I wasted my money. Someone actually suggested to me that I buy a Passport 8500 850 which cost half of what I paid for my IX. I assumed that since it\'s newer, cost more, it must be better right?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:29.


©2019 SpeedTrapHunter