Speed Trap Hunter Forum: Best Radar Detectors, Laser Jammers, Laser Detectors, Speed Cameras Forum

Speed Trap Hunter Forum: Best Radar Detectors, Laser Jammers, Laser Detectors, Speed Cameras Forum (https://www.speedtraphunter.net/)
-   Blinder (https://www.speedtraphunter.net/blinder/)
-   -   Blinder M27 & Blinder M47 X-TREME Laser Jammers (https://www.speedtraphunter.net/blinder/1442-blinder-m27-blinder-m47-x-treme-laser-jammers.html)

Veil Guy 2009-05-20 10:16

Blinder M27 & Blinder M47 X-TREME Laser Jammers
 
Quote:

Here is some footage of the new Blinder M27 and M47's...It has Upgradable capabilities, so no more having to buy a whole new jammer, when the technology changes. This is the best Blinder Xtreme series yet. These jammers have not yet come out, but when they do i'm definitely doing a upgrade.. Awesome performance...
This above announcement (originally posted here a couple of days ago by another member and also several online retailers), unfortunately appears not to have been sanctioned officially by Blinder.

Despite some loose cannoning/missteps by some who claim to act on behalf of Blinder's interests (apparently acting on their own), I have attempted to ascertain the facts directly from the manufacturer surrounding the new Blinder M27 and Blinder M47 models which may become available in several weeks.

Additional information about the Blinder M47 and M27 can be found, here:

Blinder M47 & Blinder M27 X-TREME: New Extreme Laser Jammers

Veil Guy :driver:

Blinder-Guy 2009-05-20 11:13

The information that was posted about the Blinder M27 and M47 was certainly not sanctioned by Blinder USA...TheM27 and M47 will not be released for a couple weeks yet..."ALSO BUYER BEWARE!!"...Several sites are already selling the new unit and I can honestly say.."THEY DO NOT HAVE THEM IN STOCK"...and because several of them released the info before being sanctioned by Blinder USA they will not be receiving product at all!!! Comes to show you that greed and a big Ego will often time hurt you not help you!

Veil Guy 2009-05-20 11:19

Thanks for weighing in here at STH.

When I first saw the post, I thought, of course, Blinder had sanctioned this.

It wasn't until I spoke with the manufacturer, that I got the full-story.

Hopefully, we have contained this sufficiently, so "rumor central" won't go into high-gear on these forums, and people will give Blinder the time they should have had (all along) to properly/formally introduce their products.

I suspect, this will also serve as a guide going forward for who can be trusted with advanced/inside knowledge and who can not.

Perhaps that's a silver lining in all this...

Veil Guy :driver:

TSi+WRX 2009-05-21 07:28

Thanks, guys!

It irks me that there are those individuals around - and what's more, that they are continually allowed to *continue* to represent Blinder.

As you said on another post, Veil Guy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Trap Hunter (Post 3517)
To draw an analogy from business ethics--as it relates to sales and marketing (on the Internet and elsewhere)--by any given company whose sole intent is on maximizing its sales revenues, profits, and a return to its shareholders above all else will often send shills to do their dirty work as they remain insulated from the ensuing (or collateral) damage that results (to other competitors or any entity that is perceived as a threat).

Allen, I think you can I could both agree that we've seen this already play out and continue play out on other online forums and communities such as rd.net (which is the reason I chose to create this forum, something you already know).

When agenda-driven shills (ie; hired guns) are sent to do their marketing (often destructive) on the behalf of whom they represent, chaos often ensues and little if any productive knowledge is much harder to find or ferret-out. Which is often their goal, as the most calculating and unethically-run companies [which] have a long-term plan (ie; 'TC's sales & marketing' grand strategy) and enough resources to sell through it.

In other words, they prefer more "heat" (ie; controversy) than light (ie; illumination) and in that [with] chaos truth is often the first casualty.

I think the individual concerned fits, "to a 'T,'" your definition of being a shill.

I'm glad to see that not only did the Forum administration here clamp-down on this, but also that mhardy is here, to represent Blinder's true interests, in an honorable manner.

BTW, mhardy, I had one of my local NASIOC guys ask about the Blinder only a few days before yesterday, when I first read about the Mx7 units. Not only have I asked that particular NASIOCer to hold-off on his pending purchase (for which I'd recommend that he go to you, of-course :)), but also advised him, per your advice on RadarDetector.net as well as here, of the fact that there are currently unscrupulous individuals out there who are mis-representing Blinder, and that, as of yet, they do not have stock of said item.

Veil Guy 2009-05-21 10:16

Allen,

Thanks. Ultimately, though, the responsibility, I believe, should rest with Blinder. Sometimes, you get what you pay for. How many times (of amateur hour) will it take for this point to be (finally) driven home? :dontknow:

Veil Guy :driver:

Veil Guy 2009-05-22 10:18

MH,

...Speaking of individuals operating in their own self-interests (and not Blinder's), I came across a post on another forum from an individual claiming to be a "sales rep" for Blinder offering group buy opportunities, which having spoken to the manufacturer, is against their policy... :hmmmm2:

Veil Guy :driver:

TSi+WRX 2009-05-23 10:40

I think that this needs to be properly aired-out.


Who made the original posting, prematurely disclosing the M27/M47 units?

Also, who's doing end-run group-buys around the Blinder distribution chain?

Solid proof would be appreciated - I have an idea of the individual(s) involved, both from recall and the kind tip of a fellow enthusiast, but I'd like to be certain.

Something is not Kosher, and I want to know who/where to send people, when they are asking to buy Blinders.

I had a fellow NASIOCer ask for information regarding Blinders not 1 week ago, and I'd like to send him to a trusted, honest, Blinder reseller.

Thanks for anyone/everyone's assistance.

Blinder-Guy 2009-05-23 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veil Guy (Post 3602)
MH,

...Speaking of individuals operating in their own self-interests (and not Blinder's), I came across a post on another forum from an individual claiming to be a "sales rep" for Blinder offering group buy opportunities, which having spoken to the manufacturer, is against their policy... :hmmmm2:

Veil Guy :driver:

First off you are wrong about not being allowed...My group buy was sanctioned by Blinder and the only issue was disclosing the price..That has been corrected and the group buy will go on with Blinders blessing....So if you are trying to call me out...It is not working!!:aetsch:
Just kidding of course!!

Veil Guy 2009-05-23 14:48

MH/BG,

Actually I wasn't trying to call anyone in particular, "out," per se. Just merely exploring what TSi+WRX suggested, which was to sufficiently "air" this thing out, a bit.

Posting with prices below MAP/SRP, I believe, is/was not approved, at least that's what I have been told by the manufacturer. I accept the possibility that you were/are being told differently.

In so far as your post about a group buy on another forum, yes, indeed, you are correct about this...having just checked with the manufacturer. They happened to have left this little piece of information out in our previous discussions... :rolleyes:

To the extent that you represent Veil, please adhere to our established MAP pricing (to protect other dealers/retailers--including yourself), in any event.

And, good luck with your sales effort! :top:

Veil Guy :driver:

TSi+WRX 2009-05-23 18:44

I re-edited the post to knfevg ( http://www.speedtraphunter.net/laser....html#post3642 ) a third time, soon after I had reconciled a couple of facts in my mind.

I'm glad that the truth is finally out there, for everyone, and that the air is clear again.....

.....at least for the time being.

Stealth Enthusiast 2009-06-24 19:03

A technical question for Micah, or anyone else privy with the details. Will the new Mx7 product be using the same plugs as with the previous models?

Really looking forward to getting a new Blinder. I think it is going to be way ahead of the curve regarding any other Lidar jammer on the market.

steagall1000 2009-06-24 19:33

Blinder Design
 
Stealth Enthusiast,

To help answer your question, yes the Blinder M27/M47's are pretty much the same as the M25/M45 units "design". I believe the only difference is the interface which has a USB port on it. The wires/plugs and heads are still the same design for now. Hope that helps :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth Enthusiast (Post 3827)
A technical question for Micah, or anyone else privy with the details. Will the new Mx7 product be using the same plugs as with the previous models?

Really looking forward to getting a new Blinder. I think it is going to be way ahead of the curve regarding any other Lidar jammer on the market.


Blinder-Guy 2009-06-24 19:54

The outward appearance of the M27 and M47 are the same as the M25 and M45 but the internal parts are not...The rest is proprietary info.

Stealth Enthusiast 2009-06-24 20:38

OK thanks guys. I ask because I can't decide if I want to install it remotely (cheetah) or just hard wire it in. Cheetah was hinting that it might take some time to come out with a model compatible with the new Mx7. I'm thinking I'll probably hard wire it in because I'll be installing the cars new alarm system soon, so I'll be running wires through the firewall anyway. The only concern that I have is that if the heads go bad I'll have to mess around with the firewall wiring all over again because the heads don't disconnect from the wiring do they? :confused: Maybe I'll just design a interface that will be permanently installed, and then just plug the heads in under the hood :)

Blinder-Guy 2009-06-24 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth Enthusiast (Post 3831)
OK thanks guys. I ask because I can't decide if I want to install it remotely (cheetah) or just hard wire it in. Cheetah was hinting that it might take some time to come out with a model compatible with the new Mx7. I'm thinking I'll probably hard wire it in because I'll be installing the cars new alarm system soon, so I'll be running wires through the firewall anyway. The only concern that I have is that if the heads go bad I'll have to mess around with the firewall wiring all over again because the heads don't disconnect from the wiring do they? :confused: Maybe I'll just design a interface that will be permanently installed, and then just plug the heads in under the hood :)

At this time I would recommend hard wire because the M27/M47 has not been fully tested with Cheetah Products.

knfevg 2009-06-25 02:45

Do we have any dates on when M47 will be out?

Speed Trap Hunter 2009-06-25 09:36

Expect to become generally available in roughly two weeks.

I will post any updates if this should change significantly.

STH

The Audi Quattro 2009-06-26 18:32

I cant wait for the new Blinder to hit the streets.

Stealth Enthusiast 2009-07-01 15:44

It's probably the most anticipated jammer release to come by in a long while :)

SpeedCheetahAl 2009-07-01 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhardy2288 (Post 3832)
At this time I would recommend hard wire because the M27/M47 has not been fully tested with Cheetah Products.


Couldn't do any testing before the product existed, but I'm happy to report that it has been now:proud:

The existing wireless fitting kit is compatible with the new Mx7 series. We just need to tweak an instruction in the manual. All connections are the same.

You might like to check out the new video I just posted.

new-cheetah-m27-rider-laser-jammer-motorcycles

SpeedCheetahAl 2009-07-01 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by knfevg (Post 3836)
Do we have any dates on when M47 will be out?


I believe Mid July is the timeframe, but it's always hard to stick to timeframes whenever you bring out any new product (in any sector). There is always something unexpected that crops up.

Veil Guy 2009-07-01 22:56

:congrats:

Hey Al, remember our little wager?

Remember, I like my steak, rare. :tee:

Veil Guy :driver:

SpeedCheetahAl 2009-07-01 23:06

:yikes:You're kidding, right?

I see the the numbers of cameras going in every year across the states! You now have more fixed cameras than the UK!!!

OK we've got a much higher density in a much smaller space but you now top us for pure numbers!!!!

I think I'm well on the way to winning that wager.

Veil Guy 2009-07-01 23:14

We'll see, my friend, we'll see.

I am going to do some scoring, myself.

BTW, I think it's fair to get this clear, at this stage.

I win, you buy me dinner, here on this side of the pond.

You win, I buy you dinner, on your side...(Because I am moving OUT of the former U.S.A.) :flybye:

Veil Guy :driver:

Veil Guy 2009-07-01 23:35

Al,

I almost forgot, don't under-estimate the power of (our) liberty.

Didn't you Brits learn anything, the first time around? (although, I must concede the French may not help us this time around) ;)

Veil Guy :driver:

Streaker 2009-07-02 10:33

A friendly warning Veil Guy
 
We beat the Brits in our first war, however they won the second one. They played nasty games in our 'Boer wars'. be careful.

Veil Guy 2009-07-02 13:42

By all means, Streaker, enlighten me, please.

Veil Guy :cool:

Veil Guy 2009-07-02 13:46

Thank you, South Africa.

I Googled it.

Duly, noted. ;)

However the steaks, in this particular contest, are sufficiently less costly/risky if I lose. ;)

Veil Guy :driver:

knfevg 2009-07-08 04:14

http://www.countermeasuresdirect.com...xtreme.phpDoes it mean M47 is availble for sale?

SpeedCheetahAl 2009-07-08 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veil Guy (Post 4094)
:congrats:

Hey Al, remember our little wager?

Remember, I like my steak, rare. :tee:

Veil Guy :driver:

I'll see your report - Redflex gets dumped

and raise you with two other STH posts - Radar's Traffic-Camera Alerts Catching On

and A Speeding Ticket By Mail?

I like my steaks medium.

VG, can you remind me of the terms of that bet again?

Al

Blinder-Guy 2009-07-08 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by knfevg (Post 4166)

They will be available VERY soon.. I am advertising it on my site because I have been authorized by Blinder to do so to take pre-orders.

Stealth Enthusiast 2009-07-20 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhardy2288 (Post 4170)
They will be available VERY soon.

Everyone keeps hearing this but...

Back in May everyone was told that it would only be a week or two, now it's approaching August...

I'm beginning to lose faith :(

Blinder-Guy 2009-07-20 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth Enthusiast (Post 4296)
Everyone keeps hearing this but...

Back in May everyone was told that it would only be a week or two, now it's approaching August...

I'm beginning to lose faith :(

Sorry you you feel that way. It was has never been Blinders intentions to mislead anyone about the release of the M27 and M47 but things happened that they could not control.

Veil Guy 2009-07-20 20:23

Relax a bit. Sometimes good things take time.

In the scheme of life a few more weeks of waiting will pale by comparison to the years of enjoying the protection these new products will provide you.

I say this a lot concerning work projects I am connected to: better to get it right than fast. ;)

Veil Guy :driver:

Streaker 2009-07-21 09:00

Quote:

I say this a lot concerning work projects I am connected to: better to get it right than fast. ;)

Veil Guy :driver:
A certian bike manufacturer withheld the launch of the bike I had ordered because of faulty cams, I was pi$$ed off as I wanted the bike! Know what, I have seen all sorts of failures on those bikes, but never a camshaft failure, so Veil Guy speaks the truth in all fields!

Stealth Enthusiast 2009-07-21 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veil Guy
Relax a bit.

Engineers never relax ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streaker (Post 4306)
I have seen all sorts of failures on those bikes, but never a camshaft failure

Gee, guess it was worth the wait :p

Please understand that there will be several thousand dollars tied up in these investments and without them here, designing and planning for the installation is impossible, Plus the weather will turn colder fairly soon so installing will be much harder as time goes buy. It's not just that we don't want to wait, it's not that at all, it's that we really need the product here. The lack of accurate communication is the cherry on the top :(

steagall1000 2009-07-22 00:40

Communication is key!
 
Stealth Enthusiast,

The lack of communication is part of the problem. I know what you mean.. I finally gave up and decided to just tell my customers that the Blinder M25/M45 is the newest most powerful jammer Blinder has on the market right now. When they ask about the Blinder M27, I just tell that they will eventually be out, but that there is no date yet for delivery. By doing this it causes less headaches and doesn't leave me with pissed off customers. The communication problem is not Blinder USA, Its Denmark. When Blinder USA tells me they have the new Blinder M27's in stock, then I will tell my customers. Until then the Blinder M25 is the latest and greatest Blinder has to offer. :)

I agree with veil Guy, sometimes waiting is not so bad. Atleast they are taking their time to hopfully improve the peformance and quality of this new jammer. :tee:



Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth Enthusiast (Post 4315)
Engineers never relax ;)


Gee, guess it was worth the wait :p

Please understand that there will be several thousand dollars tied up in these investments and without them here, designing and planning for the installation is impossible, Plus the weather will turn colder fairly soon so installing will be much harder as time goes buy. It's not just that we don't want to wait, it's not that at all, it's that we really need the product here. The lack of accurate communication is the cherry on the top :(



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23.


©2019 SpeedTrapHunter