View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)   IP: 192.168.0.1
Old 2008-01-26
Speed Trap Hunter

Veil Guy is on a distinguished road

GB,

I think the real value proposition to the Kustom Signals Pro Laser III (Kustom Pro III) are its diminutive size and weight, simplified use in the field (relative to the Kustom Pro II police laser gun), self-contained battery power without cords (pretty novel in '97).

While it's my understanding the Kustom Pro II's are seen more readily abroad (like in South Africa) its not out of the question that these and other older police lasers are still being used [to issue tickets] today in parts of the US.

In the case of Laser Technology, their much older tank-like LTI 20-20/LTI Marksman guns are still being actively used in the state of NJ even though they have long been superceded by the likes of the LTI Ultralyte series including the LTI Ultralyte 100LR, LTI Ultralyte 100LRB, and LTI Ultralyte 200LRB police lasers.

A New Jersey state trooper recently told me that the older LTI 20-20 is proving more durable in the field (where police radar and police laser guns can take a bit of a beating) so they are being re-tasked. I knew this to be true, as he had targeted my vehicle with it moments earlier.

Just because some police lasers are older doesn't mean they're not as lethal or should be disregarded.

BTW, its going to very interesting to see how Laser Tech's brand-new smaller hand-held police laser gun, the TruSpeed fairs against the Kustom Pro-Lite and/or Kustom Pro-Lite+ police laser which retail for at least $500 more than the new small and weatherized LTI TruSpeed police lasers, personally I think I prefer the aiming of hand-held gun designs over the binocular designs of the Kustom Prolites or the older German-made Jenoptik Laveg police lasers, even though the optics on that bad-boy were the most impressive I have ever seen.

Veil Guy

Veil Guy's Sig:

Protect yourself from speeding tickets[/b] with the VEIL stealth coating.