View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)   IP: 192.168.0.1
Old 2007-07-05
Administrator

Speed Trap Hunter has disabled reputation

Blinder Dude,

You can bet we are going to pursue this disturbing trend in the coming months. No one is really talking about this stuff as it quietly makes its appearance everywhere.

I don't want to wake up one day in the world to find that we are now living in a police state. Germany tried that once as did Russia and how did it turn out?

I've had the fortune of traveling to Singapore and while it is a beautiful city/state [and clean, I might add] cameras are everywhere and its so embedded into the culture one doesn't even really think about it day to day.

I sure hope we don't end up the same way, but we are well on our way, I am afraid.

At least we have a free means to counter these heavy-handed enforcement techniques. That is, at least for now.

When they come to take away our citizens' right to bear arms is when it'll be time to leave [or something else].

Let's just hope it doesn't come to this. We as citizens still have the right to vote and that means the right to vote out administrations which support such enforcement tactics.

The first step is being situationally aware. The more people who know about the situation, the greater the chance of changing the outcome.

While such systems may appear on paper to be well-conceived, I don't think it is a good idea to be creating a class of witnesses which are not our peers.

In the meantime, I am trying to recruit some talent who knows a thing or two about automated enforcement technology.

That should help elevate this discussion to an even higher level. The sooner we all know about this subject, the better.

We have also attempting to create an robust international open-source GPS registry of automated enforcement for all the GPS detector manufacturers to share to improve their product lines in a wholesale fashion with the help of drivers in each of their local states/countries. We may not be able to eliminate the technology, but at least we can safely know where they are with such ingenious products.

In the meantime, the Veil Guy is doing a good service.

His latest blog entry reveals the usage of these red light camera systems in the Philadelphia area.

STH

Speed Trap Hunter's Sig:Experience the latest working countermeasures in the real-world of actual driving:=====

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Loyalty is above All, save Honor.

Building, A Future Worth Creating, Today.