View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 67.103.0.189
Old 2008-07-09

radarlove is on a distinguished road
Default Beltronic 955 VS Whistler Pro78/XTR-690

Hello,
I am looking at getting a mid level detector and have pretty much narrowed it down to either the Beltronic 955 or the Whistler Pro78/XTR-690 models, mainly due to the affordability and relatively good performance reviews of these particular units. I am wondering if anyone can give me an educated opinion on which unit is better? (I know the two wistlers are the same platform/performance level, I will get the Pro78 if I am told the Whistler units are as good as the Beltronics). It seems I can get either the Beltronics or the Whisters for around the same price, so it really comes down to features and performance. I will be using the unit mainly for highway driving, as I always drive a safe legal speed when on city streets with foot traffic etc. If there is any unit I am overlooking in this price/performance catagory please fill me in....
I have been seeing some used Beltronics units on Ebay and I am wondering if there have been several revisions of the 955, or are they all the same? If there are different revisions are the updates signifigant? Can upgrades be performed on older units if that is the case? Seems like you guys know your stuff over here, I would greatly appreciate your input on this matter.
Thanks