View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 192.168.0.1
Old 2007-08-11
Administrator

Speed Trap Hunter has disabled reputation
Default Lifting the Ban on Radar Detector Usage

Bill of Rights: IV Amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

In this day an age of increased domestic surveillence and questions about our privacy rights as citizens, I have heard claims, by some, that we citizens do not have any implied rights to privacy on the open roads as drivers.

My interpretation of our IV amendment suggests otherwise. If we are to be secure in our rights of persons and effects, musn't that security of rights directly extend to us persons as drivers in our vehicles where ever we may be?

If this is indeed, so, as I believe, don't we, as U.S. citizens, have the right to be permitted to at least be aware of such 'searches'--in the form of traffic monitoring?

In the instance of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the District of Columbia, would that not mean that we as drivers have the right to use a radar detector?

To that end, may I suggest the consideration of lifting the ban of such devices--as Connecticut wisely did some years ago? Furthermore, shouldn't professional drivers/truckers be afforded these same rights?

Please be mindful of the following:

"Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference."

Ron Paul, 09 AUG 04
Sincerely,

STH

Speed Trap Hunter's Sig:Experience the latest working countermeasures in the real-world of actual driving:=====

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Loyalty is above All, save Honor.

Building, A Future Worth Creating, Today.