| | MISSION STATEMENT: Forum Rules and Posting Etiquette
Welcome, fellow speed trap hunter!
If you are interested in learning about speed traps and traffic enforcement, you have come to the right place! Our Mission:
To serve as traffic enforcement's online industry trade association.
To provide you, the driving enthusiast or industry participant, elevated discussion and knowledge transfer so that you can become educated on the latest traffic enforcement technology and techniques, the products and services which can mitigate its adverse effects, so that you can make informed
buying decisions, be aware of what's out there, and be able to effectively use these products along with your knowledge to protect your driving record and make you a safer, more responsible, more informed, and more courteous driver in the process while promoting the healthy growth of the traffic enforcement industry
. Who We Are:
We are driving enthusiasts and professionals ourselves who live and breath this stuff everyday and have so for many years. This forum is sponsored (ie; paid for) by Speed Trap Hunter, LLC
. If you find this resource beneficial or helpful to you, we simply ask that you show your support by making any product purchase through our organization at Speed Trap Hunter
, tel:888-NO-TICKT (888-628-4258)
—the proceeds of which will continue to fund this site and its collective efforts—or through our short list of quality online authorized retailers
(see our online resources guide
). What We Expect of You: This is not an elementary school playground. Before posting on this forum, READ and FOLLOW this forum's rules and posting guidelines. They have been put into place to ensure an enjoyable and healthy exchange of ideas between our members. Failure to follow any and all of these guidelines will subject members to permanent banning. As they say with certain speed traps: YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR WARNING. Please Respect & Obey The Law Overall Community Attitude
- Our purpose is to share, help and support others with informative, elevating, and mature discussion
- Always display a positive, friendly attitude
- Be respectful of others' opinions
- Allow your fellow members to voice their opinions
- DO NOT deliberately start arguments. Debates are great, as long as they remain respectful!
- Always try to "give" back to our community. For each time you find help or answers here at Speed Trap Hunter.Net, try to help someone else out in return. Your contribution will result in good karma.
- Give people a little time to respond to your requests. There's a lot going on in these forums and it may take a little time for people to notice and respond to your request. Please be patient.
Inappropriate Behavior of Moderators or Official Representatives of Organizations Having/Participating on a Forum/Sub-Forum:
- DO NOT Make Inappropriate or Offensive Posts including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, slander or deliberate insults/name-calling, or other negative remarks about Speed Trap Hunter, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.
- Do NOT drag another member's personal site into a forum discussion unless the discussion directly involves that site OR if the member brings his or her own site into the discussion first. There's no point in ruining a good debate by accidentally (or intentionally) offending someone with a personal comment.
- Speed Trap Hunter believes in integrity and respects what other forums have to offer. Because we realize members of Speed Trap Hunter may also be members of other forums, do not try to degrade or discredit other forums, their administrators and moderators, or their members. This includes slander and other offensive comments.
- DO NOT POST PORN, adult content, or illegal material. This also includes sites promoting activities such as patent-infringement, drug abuse, gambling and links to sites containing such content.
- The discussion and/or promotion of products and services not specifically offered by Speed Trap Hunter, LLC is strictly forbidden. If you wish to discuss such topics, there are plenty of other forums and discussion groups to do so.
- We would like Speed Trap Hunter to be open to people of all nations, ages, genders, races, creeds, and sexualities so any inappropriate or offensive posts will be deleted.
- Please DO NOT embed cookies in your posts in any of the site's forums.
- DO NOT copy or post content located on this forum by any user to any other website or forum, without the expressed written consent from the poster/author.
- DO NOT participate in this forum as a shill/proxy for another agent or company seeking to undermine the efforts of this forum, its administrators/moderators, or contributing members for its own nefarious purposes.
- Your conduct will be held to a higher standard.
- Moderators must be supportive of education, not persuasion and/or manipulation.
- NO corporate malfeasance is permitted and will NOT be tolerated. Violations of this RULE may result in a removal of moderator status, permanent banning, and/or forum/sub-forum removal!
- This includes but is not limited to the flagrant misreprentation of actual facts, product capabilities, etc to other members including other forum moderators, the intentional public undermining of another company's product or service as a means of gaining an unfair or unethical competitive advantage.
- Collusion between one or more moderators to undermine the status/standing of another moderator or administrator..
Forum Abuse Policy: Depending upon the nature of the offense, moderators and administrators may elect several corrective courses of action including, but not limited to: a polite Private Message; Public warning on the message board plus deletion of post; discussion and possible deletion/banning of the user from the Speed Trap Hunter forum. Private Message and Email Abuse Policy:
- Selling used products is acceptable on very limited basis (private member only or by special permission), at this time.
- No linking to ebay auctions, period. This includes posting auction numbers and dealer names.
- Do not post links to other websites selling/promoting similar products, your message will be deleted.
- If you are a dealer do not post any of your products on our site for sale or link to sites (ie; Youtube) which promote your commercial efforts to sell. If you do, your message will be deleted and you will be banned from the forum!
Our SPAM Policy
- DO NOT use Speed Trap Hunter as a basis for spamming or scamming our members.
- We take PM/email abuse very seriously, and it will result in the immediate removal of your membership and ban of your IP address, without warning.
- Please make sure that you are posting for the good of the community, not just for the sake of self-promotion
- New users will be automatically assigned the rank of a potential spammer (Rank: SPAM?) until posting behavoir deems othwerwise.
- Please refrain from posting affiliate links and press releases in our forums.
- Surveys are not allowed, unless you have been given permission in advance from a Site Admin
- Do NOT use the Speed Trap Hunter community for the purpose of 'spam' or excessive advertisements! This includes forum posts, private messages, or emails to other Speed Trap Hunter members
- Our moderators reserve the right to edit or delete any posts they consider to be 'spam'
- If we find that you are spamming our community, you will be warned by a Moderator or Site Admin, and it may lead to the deletion of your posts and/or the removal of your Speed Trap Hunter account
- DO NOT impersonate anyone whom you are not, regardless of who the other individual may be. Identity theft is illegal and will not be tolerated.
- This restriction includes the use of handles which are trade names of manufacturers.
- DO NOT post the same topic in multiple forums. If you are unsure of which forum a thread should go under, just state that in your post, and a moderator will move the thread to the correct forum. Multiple posts are unnecessary and will be deleted.
- DO NOT post the same question multiple times in multiple threads in the same forum. If no one responds to your question or request, just post a reply to the same message thread again to bring the message to the top of the list so folks notice it.
- Please compress/compact in-line images.
- Do not embed cookie requests.
- You may link to your site, but no illegal, pornographic or otherwise objectionable links are allowed.
- Do NOT use excessively large font sizes, as it is considered to be "shouting" and will be edited back down to the default size by the moderators
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may result in an immediate and permanent ban (and your service provider or proper authority being informed). While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. By joining the Speed Trap Hunter forum and subscribing to the member newsletter, you agree to abide by the forum rules, and you understand that violations will not be tolerated.
- Unless otherwise stated, if you post an image in the forums, please keep the image size under 40KB, and preferably under 300 x 300 pixels
Please immediately report any member whom you feel to be in violation of these rules to a moderator or the Site Admin.
Now that you have read and affirmed these necessary
formalities... Welcome to our Friendly Community & Enjoy!
Speed Trap Hunter